In 2014 I had a great occasion to use and review IPL epilation by Philips Lumea.
I still use this device from time to time. From time to time – because after regular treatments the amount of body hair significantly decreased.
I wanted to share with you my opinion on the use of Philips Lumea in retrospect. Link to previous article / review, which I created in 2014, more than 2 years ago can be found here
In my opinion this is a great solution for people who want to save money on expensive laser hair removal in salons. Besides, it is great for people like me who do not like to experience pain – unlike laser hair removal Philips Lumea is completely painless. In my opinion, the legend that to be beautiful you have to suffer absolutely does not work. If we want to take care of ourselves it should be only fun and also very effective.
How Philips Lumea works?
Let me remind you about how the Philips Lumea device works. It is an IPL hair removal system, so it works like elimination of hair regrowth, so we can enjoy smooth skin for up to 8 weeks after the last treatment.
The device has a technology called Intense Pulsed Light, the light reaches directly to the hair root, so their growth is inhibited, which leads to gradual loss of hair. After 4-5 treatments we can achieve very good results.
The device will not work with red, blond, gray hair and with dark complexion and it is ideal for people with dark hair with fair skin, just like me 😉
People usually have different preferences, but i personally love a very smooth skin. Fortunately, mother nature gave me beautiful and soft skin, but I feel that for women who have a lot of hair and who have a lot of discomfort about that, Philips Lumea can give a true solution.
My feelings after 2 years of use of Philips Lumea
I am very pleased with the product, because it can save money on visits in salon and you can get professional results at home. I use the same flash for 2 years already, which means that I can safely use it for the next few years, as the manufacturer promises up to 5-7 years life of the 1 flash (approximately 250 000 pulses).
Below are some photos of the device and also some of my photos😉
After purchasing Philips Lumea such traditional ways as shaving that have irritated my delicate skin went to the past.
I am particularly pleased with the result of hair removal in such sensitive area as underarms and bikini because the skin remains smooth for longer and hair removal is pleasant, safe, what is more, I had not have any irritation or redness, as with previous methods.
Beautiful shape of the machine means a lot to me, because Philips Lumea not only gives me very nice results, but is also fun and super easy to use. And the results persist in my case up to 1.5-2 months. I think that this is a very convenient solution for dynamic women living in modern times. I am glad that taking care of yourself takes me only a moment and the results persist for so long. Of course, it is also worth mentioning that the epilation is completely painless, pleasant and easy.
What should you pay attention for before buying IPL machine?
Why filter of IPL machine should be red??
Hair removal device using pulses of light (IPL) are equipped with a flash that emits UV, blue, green, yellow, orange and infrared light. All of them are triggered in one flash, but only orange, red and infrared light can penetrate the skin deep enough to effectively interact with the roots and stop the regrowth of hair.
The other beam of light (UV, blue, green, and yellow) are absorbed by a shallower layer of skin (epidermis) and may cause side effects.
For this reason, Philips Lumea are provided with orange and red filters that absorb UV beam, blue, green and yellow, passing only effective and safe beam from the scope of the orange, red and infrared.
What else should I pay attention to?
- Window size – the larger the window, the faster we can perform the procedure, so you should therefore pay attention to the size of the window.
- Additional adaptors – you should also pay attention to whether there are included additional adaptors for delicate and sensitive areas such as the face and bikini area, which makes the procedures in tight spaces easier.
- No need to replace the flash – means also no hidden costs. All we want to have is a product which is efficient and effective without any hidden additional costs. Of course, if there is no need to replace the lamp, it also means lack of risks of damaging the unit during the exchange.
- Flash life – In some devices the flash should be replaced very often and replacement is very expensive,. The lamp life by Philips Lumea is very long, because it’s 250 000 flashes quietly enough for even several years of use.
- Wireless device – this sounds convenient to me! I never liked any devices with cables which grow on the flour here and there, with Philips Lumea I can relax, because it is wireless – extremely convenient to use anywhere in home.